Inclusive Dance Classes
No experience necessary. All people welcome, with and without disabilities. Come and
discover your own dance!
BRUNSWICK CLASSES: Landing YMCA Yoga Studio, 24 Venture Ave.
|Tuesdays||10:00-11:30 am||All Ages||February 25 – April 14||$120/$20 Drop-In|
DAMARISCOTTA CLASSES: CLC YMCA Fitness Studio, 525 Main St.
|Tuesdays||1:00-2:15 pm||All Ages||February 25 – April 14||$120/$20 Drop-In|
PORTLAND CLASSES: Casco Bay Movers Dance Studio, 517 Forest Ave.
|Wednesdays||1:30-3:00 pm||All Ages||February 25 – April 14||$120/$20 Drop-In|
WINDHAM CLASSES: Momentum Inc., 21 Anglers Rd.
In a Spark class, students will:
- Learn how to improvise
- Learn how to dance in a way that feels good and safe to their body
- Have the chance to create their own moves
- Get exercise
- Collaborate with other students
- Be supported for their own ideas and abilities
- Be applauded for their ideas and courage in front of the group
- Get to experiment with different styles of dance and music
- Get to participate in an “informance” for community and families
- Be accepted for whatever participation level feels right for them
(including: being still and/or watching at anytime)